Thursday, March 16, 2006

I wonder what you think!

Ok-- In addition to occasional journaling of things going on I want to pose questions wondering what you think:

Question #1
Do you ever feel like life isn't as you thought it would be even if you are doing exactly what you wanted to be doing?

7 Comments:

At 3/16/2006 3:22 PM, Blogger David Drury said...

About once a week I think that.

 
At 3/17/2006 10:20 AM, Blogger Keith Drury said...

I'm not a stay-at-home mom but I resonate with your question--as I reflect over the 60 years I've lived life I think that only two periods (of about 10 years each) did I feel "This is the way I dreamed life would be." The rest seems mostly like I was either getting ready for these two periods, or debriefing them afterward.

 
At 3/17/2006 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is not at all what I dreamed it would be. It's better. I would never have thought I would be saved at age 29, married 14 years and counting, plus being a stay-at-home mom with 3 kids! As usual, God's plans are better than mine :)

 
At 3/17/2006 2:10 PM, Blogger Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Hey Kath! Wish I could say the same as Kristi, but unfortunately I don't always feel that way. I have moments when I feel like I'm the luckiest woman in the world (i.e., all 3 kids behaving, my husband giving me a sweet look, laughing with my sister), but there are probably more moments when I don't. What a great question, really something to think about!!!!

 
At 3/17/2006 2:31 PM, Blogger David Drury said...

I am so excited about the responses I am getting from you all so far! It helps my perspective on things. To know I should have a better attitiude at times and to know I am not alone at others. And funny how sometimes people think you are living the best life ever but yet you are maybe struggling with parts of it at the same time.

 
At 3/17/2006 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This good quetsions hits me particularly sharp now b/c I've felt for a long time that being a Dean would be perfect for me.
But there are days since I landed this position in Oct 06 that I'm saying, What was I thinking?! Then it fades after a couple days, and another day ends up almost perfectly fitted to what I'm cut out to do.

 
At 3/19/2006 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life hasn't turned out at all like I had pictured when I was in high school. Two things I prayed for consistently in those teens years was who I would marry and what I would do with my life.

The man I married - I pictured one of the Pennsylvania Dutch boys from where I grew up - blond, blue eyed, farmer-like.

Where life took me - never expected to go to college. And when I did go, I thought I would be a nurse on the mission field or a camp nurse.

God had different plans.

I met a Michigander with black hair, deep brown eyes and not much of a farmer, but a preacher man and the best husband that a woman could ever ask for.

And meeting him, changed my focus to becoming a pastor's wife with a A.S. degree in Christian Ed. in addition to raising four wonderful children.

Actually, I'm still picturing the future and wondering what that might look like. Now that I'm 50 with the task of raising children over, I'm eager to find out what else God has in store for me. I think the best is yet to come! Knowing I have a 98 year old grandma back home, I could still have another 50 years to go. I'm full on for the second half.

Life's an adventure! Never stop discovering yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home