Tuesday, November 14, 2006

One of the most fun and relaxing trips I have ever had

Ranking #1 with my honeymoon was the vacation I just took with my husband last week to celebrate our 10 years of marriage. We took a 5 night Caribbean cruise to Key West, Cozumel and CocoCay Bahamas. I took a cruise 12 years ago and it was Dave's first. There are tons of things I love about cruising but here are a few highlights:

The food-- Need I say more. If you have been on a cruise you know what I mean here. Fine dining daily-- 3 times daily if you wish. Amazing menus from New York strip to Lobster tail. The ultimate was when I ordered melon with my breakfast and when the waitress brought it to me she took my fork and knife and cut it into pieces for me. Now having kids age 6, 3 and 1 I am forever cutting their food.

I love to exercise and do sports but I can't make time at home. I tried yoga for the first time and that was so cool. It even relieved neck pain I had had for days. I decided to walk a mile so I walked around the track on the top level 3 times in my bathing suit and sandals and did that.

I love entertainment/ shows but they are just too pricey to go to very much. Every night we went to at least one show and we loved every one. From a juggler to a comedian to a magician and the big production shows that Royal Caribbean dancers put on twice. Lots of laughs.

I love meeting new people. With assigned seating at dinner you have to talk to your table mates. We had great ones! What connections we made! Being a stay at home mom I just don't meet new people much. Some people I meet at church but I love meeting people that live a different life than I do too. Met great friends from WA, OR, FL, NY and IN.

I love seeing new places. How great is it to wake up everyday someplace new! Every place is different from the last. From touristy Key West to the Mayan ruins of Cozumel to the picture perfect beaches of the Bahamas I love the variety!

Those who know me know I am always in search of a bargain. Now a cruise isn't necesarily "cheap" but if you get a great price you get your moneys worth with everything that is included. Not including air or tips I figure for the 2 of us we paid about $144 per day for 5 full days of food, accomodations, entertainment, and transportation. If we ate out in restaurants and order the food we did it would be more than that per day easily.

Most of all I loved spending a week with my husband David. I didn't have to share him with the kids, the church, family, friends, the computer, email, work, or anything. We get along so well and do vacations together well. It was fun to try something new together-- snorkeling! I feel like we were able to be a bit more adventureous. Dave even did the bungee trampoline.

I am very thankful for the opportunity to have this vacation and thanks to my mom for watching the kids. Looking to the next one...want to take the kids once in their childhood...5 years from now...maybe. :)

-Kathy

2 Comments:

At 11/21/2006 8:11 AM, Blogger David Drury said...

I can't wait for another one either, babe!

Thanks for planning it all.

-David

 
At 12/12/2006 8:39 PM, Blogger Keith Drury said...

You write the best reports...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home