Tuesday, December 12, 2006

What I have been doing...

here is my list of what i have been doing lately:
pretend to eat play food
make real food
clean dishes
clean house
clean kids
clean clothes
clean car
break up fights
AND encourage good behavior
read stories
pretend I am a princess
change diapers
get the mail
pay the bills
provide kisses at boo boos
offer a lap for a tired kid
takes photos of great memories
that is just some of what I did in the last few weeks and I love most of it! :)

-Kathy

3 Comments:

At 12/13/2006 9:50 AM, Blogger mamajean said...

OK, here's what I have been doing lately:

--Buying Christmas presents.
--Returning Christmas presents that are the wrong size (granddaughter wears a 4 not a 3, duh.)
--Cleaning my kitchen. Why when we really don't eat much at home, especially during the holidays, is the sink alwaysalwaysalways dirty?
--Finishing Philip Yancy's book, Where Is God When It Hurts?
--Visiting with friends at Christmas parties.
--Trying to write a book proposal on grief. Much harder than I thought it would be.
--Getting teeth pulled.
--Looking at recipes on the internet. Having some favorite people for lunch on Friday and want to make something special.
--Hugging grandkids.
--Watching birds out my office window.
--Coloring my grey hair.
--Washing dirty clothes.
--Ironing clean clothes.
--Printing out blogspot pictures of my beautiful grandkids.
--Reading random blogs.

I've been reading through some of your past posts, Kathy, and enjoyed your questions. Especially the one regarding financial help (or not) from parents. John was born pre-boomer (1940) and I'm a mid-boomer (1949), and we got no help at all from parents. His weren't able to help. Mine had a bit more but were still raising my younger brothers. We lived on a shoestring (whatever that expression means) and bought everything except groceries at garage sales. Personally, I think I'm privileged to be able to help out as a parent in ways mine weren't able to. We've been able to provide some of the fun things in life for our kids and grandkids, like this Christmas season's trip to Disney. Nothing more wonderful in life today than the smiles of my grandkids. Not that they have to be getting something in order to smile, but that I can give them something extra to smile about. And that we can have time away as a family--sans all of life's distractions--to talk and laugh and discuss and cry and just plain enjoy each other. Life is so fragile, as we know very personally, and I want to make the most of all the days I have with these wonderful people I call my children and grandchildren.

 
At 12/16/2006 7:35 PM, Blogger Keith Drury said...

As for me...
-Grading papers
-grading exams
-saying goodbye to people I took 4 years to get close to.
-grading papers
-grading exams
-made a salad for tomorrow's carry-in
-Made bread for tomorrow's Communion
-graded papers
-graded exams
-showed a young renter how to defrost the fridge (woah--he was impressed;-)
-turned in grades
-put on a gown and walked in commencement.
-made a syllabus for next semester
-pasted pictures of students on 9X12 envelopes
-cleaned my office stacks
-made chili for supper
-Are it since Sharon is gone to three commencements today--the last ends at nine.
-now I'm reading my "atlas of world history"--Mesopotamia.. which I love! thanks!

 
At 12/21/2006 3:29 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Oh what wonderful blogs jean and dad! Thanks so much! Looks like no one really has a glamorous life does it? Thanks for wisdom and input!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home