When bad things happen
I can't help but think of this idea this week. My grandfather passed away a week ago today, a family with 4 kids lost 2 kids and the father in a local crash, a pastor friend of ours is in critical care after a trauma injury, a relative had major emergency health issues, 4 other friends have major health issues going on with immediate family members or themselves and more and this all gets me thinking and of course praying. I fell asleep praying last night and woke up praying. I am burdened for all these people! However, today I found myself more happy with my kids, spent 2 hours doing valentine crafts with them. We read books, played a game and generally this week I feel I have been more happy. Why you say? It puts it in perspective that I need to be thankful daily for the life I have, my wonderful family and our good health. The Lord has blessed me (as He has all of us in our own ways) and I often times get caught up in stuff that does not matter. Lord, I lift before you "my list" of people you know who need your help in these difficult times. Heal them I pray.
2 Comments:
For sure.
Amen!
you are right... perspective.... me too
Post a Comment
<< Home