Sunday, April 15, 2007

Here we go....

But where?! Who knows! Today at church Pastor Pete and my hubby Dave went to all services to make the announcement that we are leaving our beloved Spring Lake Wesleyan. I love this place. The church, our friends, the people, our neighborhood and community and so much more. It is kinda weird being in this spot. Most people when they leave a job they tell their family and friends and off they go to the next step of their lives. Here today we had to publically tell 1350 people and I know it will be the talk of Sunday dinner today and coffee shops in the next few weeks. For us our lives are in God's hands. People ask us all the time where we are going and we just tell them we don't know. And that is the complete truth. They are shocked our response because it really makes no sense to leave a job without another in place. This is a complete step of faith for us. We have been in this place before and God always comes through. That is how we came to SLWC...my dream for years prior. So even with the uncertainty and dealing with the loss of what we leave behind I have faith that what lies ahead will be amazing for our family but even more for the kingdom. The Lord has gifted David in amazing ways and I am so thankful the Lord has blessed me with him as my husband and as his wife I will be there at his side to cheer him on to whatever calling or minsitry God has for him. More later as things progress on our new lives! :)

3 Comments:

At 4/16/2007 7:44 AM, Blogger Keith Drury said...

We're pulling for ya and praying that in this next step God will grow you and use you as He has in the last ones...

 
At 4/16/2007 10:30 AM, Blogger JohnLDrury said...

Your transition is in our prayers. I'm sure something cool is coming down the pike!

 
At 5/17/2007 8:45 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

I know the feeling!! Although you are probably handling it better than I did. It's the ultimate time to put all your trust in God, and amazingly he will provide!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home