How to on Supper Swap
We had a meeting about how to work it all out. We decided portion size ( we do 8x8), discussed any allergies or dislikes, what day was best for each to cook, delivery time, what to include (we do main and 1 side). I cook monday, molly is tuesday, we will eat at church next week and all other wednesdays, thursday is amie. we all live really close to each other which I think is key for delivery. We deliever food already cooked between 5:15 and 5:30 on our day. It is such a time save-- not only cooking the food but it is so much easier for clean up too when you aren't making the food everyday. We also discussed birthdays so if you had a special day you could send along a special dessert or something.We printed off a blank september calender then decided the basic idea of what people would bring. The rotation is chicken, pork, beef, pasta, and mexican for us. So I did chicken last night and I won't make anything chicken until October. This week is Chicken, Pork and Mexican. Next wek is beef chicken and pork, week 3 is mexican, pasta and chicken. Week 4 is pork, beef, and pasta with chicken. That way there is freedom in what you make but limits on how much you get of a certain thing and a fair way of dividing out the costly meat. I sat down after the first meeting and planned my whole month. It didn't take long since it was only 4 meals. By doing that I know what meats and things I need so if chicken goes on sale buy one get one free I know to buy it ahead for my meal day.
This week I made chicken and wild rice and broccoli salad. I doubled eveything then split it 3 ways. so many things make a 9x13 and we do 8x8's so doubling worked for me.
Tonight I hear pork chops and red skin potatoes are on the way.
I feel we are all going to eat better and I will have more time with my kids after school as I won't be in the kitchen cooking or cleaning as often.
If you have plans the might a meal is brought you to it could just be refridgerated until a day there wasn't a meal coming you know?
As far as requesting foods that would be up to the people that you do it with.
We don't have a budget-- we just tried to divide evenly.
As far as pans we will see how that goes. We might just use the one that we get and give it back to the person who's it was with a meal in it. We aren't too worried about it. I did buy oversized ziploc containers that are a great size for salads and easy to transport.
Here is a website I got some ideas from:
http://www.trishberg.com/Adobe/InTheNews/GreatAmericanSupperSwapDS.pdf


1 Comments:
this is such a great idea!
and I've ate some too!
Post a Comment
<< Home