Saturday, January 19, 2008

Times have changed

Ok-- I am making myself sound old just by saying "times have changed". I see it over an over in a certain way. Sales. I remember as a kid going downtown Holland to stores like Dumez or to Rogers Dept. Store in Grand Rapids MI and getting true help at a store. They would bring you clothes in a different size. Honestly tell you if it fit or not or matched or not and they knew what they were talking about. In the past 24 hours I have a few stories about how this has changed. I went to Dunhams sports today just to run in and get Max some new shoes for basketball. I asked the guy if he could measure his foot. He tells me he is at least a size 3. That surprised me as the last I knew not long ago he was a 2. I looked at the foot measurer and noticed it said ladies size. I measured him at home with this certain shoe guide I have and what I thought was right. The guy was completely No help-- hurt the situation almost by me buying the wrong size shoe (even at the store I didn't buy what he said I needed). Then yesterday I was at an appliance store in Muncie to shop for an entire kitchen full of appliances. I came with model numbers, and internet print off's of what I wanted and I just wanted to see in person what I picked out. The guy was SO clueless with every question I asked it seemed as though he was making it up as he went. With the hours of research I have done online on what appliances I want I am quite certain I knew way more about what I was buying than he did. He tried to tell me that the fridge I wanted may be discountinued. I said there is no way as it is the Top rated side by side rated by Consumers Reports. Once he found the fridge on the floor there it was a big magnet on the front saying it was the top rated fridge. Oh brother! Lowes was a bad one for me too. I was looking at lights and would ask a simple question and the person would have no idea the answer. I said I would just go online and look. That way I knew the right answer if I could research it myself. I have seen this over and over to the point that I won't ask for help anymore at stores. With the help I feel I often need in buying a house and decorating it I am regularly finding that people in sales now are there for a job and not to provide any service or help. Well, I think I have complained enough.

1 Comments:

At 1/21/2008 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you sister! ha :)
Kristi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home