Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Olympics

I love the Olympics. I always have. I think I got hooked in 1984 with the LA games. I watched more hours that year than I can count. I was 12 years old. That was the year of Mary Lou, Carl Lewis. It felt magical. Every single Olympic year after that I was hooked. Now I am trying to hook my kids at an early age so they have the same love of it that I do. The competition is great. I love travel and culture so having a world wide sports event is fun for me. The personal stories are so insirational. I want to celebrate with the winners and cry with the losers. The music is some of my favorite of all time. I have had a secret dream for a couple decades of being an Olympian. So every 2 years I quietly in my mind think of what my life is like now and how thankful I am to have it the way that it is but wonder how different it would have been it I would have been an Olympian.

2 Comments:

At 8/28/2008 6:04 PM, Blogger Beth said...

We love the Olympics too, and we're now extremely sad that they're over.

 
At 2/05/2010 9:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

More are on the way! :) I am glad they made them every 2 years instead of having to wait for 4!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home