Sunday, May 20, 2007

Can God use a 22 month old?

Just this week during a regular day our daughter Lauren walked into our dining room, opened the antique book case (the kind with the glass doors that cover), very decisively pulled out 1 book and handed it to me and walked away. This book is called "She doesn't even play the piano"- a book of insights by mulitple pastors wives. I got this book a couple of years ago in FL at a pastors wives conference (when have you ever heard of a conference for the spouses of whatever job the other spouse has? It must be a need, over 2000 showed up!). Anyways, I read almost the whole book then but as I flipped through it that day I remember not reading a certain chapter because it wasn't relevent at the time. The chapter-- Transitions in Ministry. OK--I sat down and read it within the hour of Lauren giving it to me. It even had a list of 7 points of what to do once you get to your next church. So good. It was neat as the illustration in that chapter was a woman who she and her husband were moving from WI to MA. Yes MA-- the exact school we came from (Gordon-Conwell) so the story she told was easily in my minds eye. So for me, Yes, I think the Lord can use a 22 month old. :)

4 Comments:

At 5/20/2007 12:00 PM, Blogger David Drury said...

so cool! Thanks for putting this up. I heard it right from you first but good to see it in print.

:-)

 
At 5/22/2007 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great to keep track of these insights and these special times with kids. They pass so quickly...in comparison with a lifetime.

 
At 5/23/2007 7:55 PM, Blogger JohnLDrury said...

that's great. what a gift. I'm glad that could be so helpfu.

 
At 6/19/2007 7:39 AM, Blogger Keith Drury said...

What a great story!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home