Wednesday, August 08, 2007

And here we are...


Well alot has happened in 1 month. People talk about God's perfect timing and boy have we seen that. With Dave getting the job in IN the day after his last day in MI. The next big thing was selling the house. I was almost sick about not selling it before we left. The day we were literally moving out, July 13, buyers came through amongst the craziness of at least 20 people including lots of small children everywhere in the house painting, cleaning and moving stuff. It was almost comical that we had a showing during that time. Within 6 days they made an offer and we closed July 31....the day I had hoped for since August 1 was the day our mortgage was due. What an answer to prayer. There were churches in MI, IN and NJ I know were praying for our house to sell specifically. Thanks so much to all of you who prayed that with us. We are blessed to be surrounded by so many in prayer.

The next hurdle after the house was a school for Max. Closing was last Tues then Fri we got a tour of a school in Gas City called Northview. We signed him up then and there and he started first grade today!!!! That too was an answer to prayer after many hours of internet research and asking people about all the schools in the entire county. Max walked out with me today and on his own said "I had a great first day of first grade".

4 Comments:

At 8/09/2007 8:07 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Wow! You've been busy. Any plans on the new house yet?

See you soon!

Mandy

 
At 8/09/2007 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathy

So glad that your move went so well. As a Mother of a IWU Senior (this fall) I glad to know that Dave is on staff at the church where my son attends.

Maybe I will see you when we visit Marion.

Blessings!

Pam Szymczak

 
At 8/09/2007 10:38 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

Great to hear from you Pam! We will keep an eye out for him and you guys when you visit.

 
At 8/09/2007 10:50 PM, Blogger scrapnic72 said...

Dear Kathy:

I was just checking in on what was happening at SLWC and learning about your move....I am praying that God uses you mightily and helps you, Dave and the kids in the transition....what an amazing move of God regarding the sale of your home. I guess we won't be running into you on the beach in Ferrysburg anytime soon! Take care and enjoy getting to know your new community.

Blessings,
Nicole

 

Post a Comment

<< Home